LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Yu Darvish’s highly anticipated Dodger debut comes Friday as the Dodgers take on the New York Mets.
The Dodgers traded a trio of minor leaguers at the MLB trade deadline Monday in order to acquire the talented righty.
Before Darvish toes the rubber, here are five interesting facts about the newest Dodger:
- Yu Darvish’s only time pitching at Dodger Stadium was when team Japan won the World Baseball Classic back in 2009.
- While playing for the Nippon Ham Fighters in the Japan Baseball League for seven seasons, Darvish had a career record of 93-38.
- Pre-2012, Baseball America ranked the new Dodger pitcher as the fourth-best prospect in baseball.
- In his MLB career, the righty has one career home run.
- He’s appeared in four MLB All-Star games.