There were two survivors of the horrific and deadly plane crash that happened in Riverside Monday afternoon. According to authorities, one of those two has suffered third-degree burns to over 90 percent of her body.

CBS Los Angeles reports that according to Riverside Fire Capt. Tyler Reynolds, both survivors are adult women, believed to be in their late 30’s to early 40’s. Both victims, who’s names haven’t been released have been listed in critical condition.

Dave Swinfard lives about a half-mile northeast of the Riverside Municipal Airport, in the 6400 block of Rhonda Avenue. On Monday afternoon, he said he was just sitting with his cat on his lap in his living room, doing a crossword puzzle when a twin-engine plane slammed into his house.

Dave recalled the event, “I was just sitting there, and all of a sudden, boom! When I look up, that front area had crashed in. It came in. Next thing. Flames were shooting out.” “If it would have been 15 feet over, it would have landed on me.”

The burnt wreckage was removed by the NTSB removed On Tuesday. It could reportedly take investigators months to determine the cause of the crash.

According to firefighters there weren’t any people on the ground that suffered any injuries, however there were four homes damaged by the fiery crash, two of which were red-tagged.

All of the victims harmed in the crash were on board the Cessna 310. There five people on the plane were heading home to San Jose after being at a cheerleading competition at Disneyland. Three of the passengers died including a teenage girl, a man and a woman.

Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton is where one of the survivors was transported to, she underwent surgery. The other female was taken for treatment to Riverside Community Hospital.

Mark Scheck, who lives with his wife Lori and three kids in the house that took the direct impact said, “The two kids’ rooms are destroyed. The only thing actually livable is the garage and kitchen.”

The family wasn’t home when the crash happened, but Lori Scheck said her husband Mark could have been, “He was at work when he wasn’t supposed to be. So thankfully, he did go into work, and he wasn’t here.”

The family is now without a home and a GoFundMe account has been set up to help them.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Listen Live