Community events for the week of Monday, February 6th, 2017
Here’s what’s going on around the High Desert:
- Saturday, February 11…Let Route 103-KVFG give back to our listeners by joining our street team at the Jack in the Box on Main Street and the 15 Freeway in Hesperia from 12:00pm to 2:00pm and receive some fantastic freebies such as Lakers and Clippers swag along with freebies from Jack In The Box. For more details call 760-244-2000.
- Volunteers Needed for American Red Cross Home Fire Campaign The City of Victorville is collaborating with the American Red Cross and San Bernardino County Fire to promote fire safety in our community. They need volunteers to help with their Home Fire Campaign on Feb. 18. Volunteers will be installing FREE smoke detectors and providing home fire safety education to residents in our local community. Register to volunteer at http://tinyurl.com/2017HomeFireFeb18 If you have any questions, please contact Christine Villafuerte at Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now until March 1, 2017…The B&N My Favorite Teacher Contest-Once again Middle and High School students can Nominate Their teachers for National, Regional and Local Award through Barnes & Nobles 7th annual “My Favorite Teacher Contest”-Middle School and High School students and active teachers employed in elementary, middle or high schools in the US are eligible to win.-for details on the contest rules and photos and the winning essay from 2016, visit www.bn.com/myfavoriteteacher
- Now until March 18…Early Bird Registration for the Superhero 5K-registration is now open for the Superhero 5k happening at Civic Plaza Park in Hesperia on April 26, 2017. Get the early bird price by signing up today.5k- Adults $25 kids $10. 1k 12 & under $10.-visit https://www.webscorer.com/register?raceid=90085&owner=1
- Open through March 25, 2017… Science on a Sphere 9:00 am to 5:00pm Tuesday thru Friday, 10:00am to 4:00pm Saturday and Sunday Harvey House 681 N. First Ave, Barstow, CA-$10 adults, $7. Seniors/Military $5. Students with ID-NASA exhibit features a 6 foot spherical display utilizing 4 video projectors to show planetary processes including effects of global climate change and more For more information visit: https://deepspace.jpl.nasa.gov/ http://www.gdscc.nasa.gov/
or contact Margaret Carter (760) 255-5109 or email@example.com
- Now until the middle of March…Seeking Sponsors for Community Clean up-City of Victorville is seeking sponsors for the April 8th community cleanup project. Sponsors name is listed on the event t-shirt worn by hundreds of volunteers during the clean up, along with event fliers, posters and advertisements.-for more info about sponsorship lease call City of Victorville Environmental Programs Division at 760-955-3306
- Thursday, Feb. 9th to Sunday, Feb. 12th…”The Odd Couple” Production Thursday thru Saturday at 7:30pm and 2:30pm on Sunday. At the High Desert Center for The Arts, 15615 Eighth St, Victorville. Creative Arts Theatre will adapt the play with an all-female cast. The hilarity is said to remain the same -to purchase tickets online visit www.app.arts-people.com or call 760-963-3236.
- Saturday, February 11th…The Original Harlem Globetrotters 2:00pm and 7:00pm at Citizens Business Bank, 4000 E. Ontario Center Parkway, Ontario. The legendary Globetrotters visit Ontario to show off ball handling wizardry and great basketball skills. Tickets range from $18 to $125. Parking is $10. Cash. For information call 909-244-5500 or visit www.cbbankarena.com.
- Saturday, February 11th…Vietnam Veterans 50th Anniversary Commemoration 6:00am to 4:00pm at Ft Irwin. Activities start at 6:00am with a motorcycle ride, a group photo at the painted rock at 9:00am, a parade on the base at 10:00am, and a luncheon at 11:15am, gifts for VETS at 1:20pm, and Blue Oyster Cult will perform a concert at 2:00pm. Vietnam Vets that wish to participate must call 760-686-8266 -for info e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 760-686-8266.
- Saturday, February 11th…Living Well With Music Sterling Commons will host a free musical event for caregivers and their loved ones who may have memory loss. Space is limited so attendees must RSVP by calling 760-245-3300 by FEBRUARY 7th . Sterling Commons is located at 17797 Lindero St. Victorville.
- Sunday, February 12th…Passport Travel Series 2:30pm at Victor Valley College, 18422 Bear Valley Road, Victorville. The Passport Travel Series returns with German Comic Michael Wigge on “How To Travel The World for Free.” For tickets go online to www.vvc.edu/tix or call 760-245-4271 ext 849 -for season pass information call 760-617-1448.
- Sunday, February 12th…Apple Valley Kiwanis Wine Tasting Fundraiser 2:00pm to 5:00pm at The Wine Cellar, 19341 Bear Valley Road, Apple Valley. Join the Kiwanis for a wine tasting fundraiser event where all proceeds will be used for Administrative purposed that operate the club. For more info visit www.avkiwanis.org, email email@example.com or call 760-462-6059.
- Victor Valley Chamber of Commerce
- City of Victorville
- City of Victorville Recreation
- Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Apple Valley Town Events
- Hesperia Chamber of Commerce
- Hesperia Recreation & Park events
- High Desert Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
→ Christy is the host of “Mornings with Christy,” Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM on Route 103-KVFG Victorville, a CBS Radio station. The Route Roundup is a community events calendar. Follow Route 103 KVFG on Twitter or like Route 103 KVFG on Facebook.